Prayer for the month of August 2021
The Team God’s Mandate as usual received the undernoted prayer from the throne of Grace on the 31st of July 2021 at about 3:07pm
“PRAY AND RENEW YOUR COMMITMENT” says the Lord.
Commitment by believers have drifted to the world; this perverse and sinful world. We are cautioned “Do not love the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him. For all that is in the world- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life- is not of the Father but is of the world” 1John 2:15-16
Commitment to the world is openly seen in materialism. “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth,where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is,there your heart will be also” Matthew 6:19-21
Apostle Paul in his first epistle to Timothy instructs as follows: I command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share,storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come that they may lay hold on eternal life” – 1Timothy 6:17-19
OUTCOME OF WORLDLY COMMITMENT
- Spiritual Loss: “for what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world and is himself destroyed or lost” Luke 9:25
- God’s Judgment will Come Upon Us: “for if we would judge ourselves we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord that we may not be condemned with the world – 1 Corinthians 11:31-32.
- An enemy to God: “Adulteress and Adulteress! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God” James 4:4
- Taking for granted the veracity of the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ: “For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage until the day that Noah entered the ark and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of man be” Matthew 23:38-39
God loves to and wishes to save you from the shackles of this evil and sinful world. He only wants you to pray and renew your commitment to Himself; His son Jesus Christ and to His people. It is a personal rededication.
- Remember your first love – that commitment to God which arises from unflinching faith in His promises; which you expressed in high level worship and adoration culminating in total obedience to His commands.
a) Pray and thank God for reminding you of them
b) Pray and ask for forgiveness for allowing your love to grow cold
c) Pray and ask God for forgiveness for not only growing cold but have drifted into worldly pleasures.
- Thank God that He does not deal with you according to the magnitude of our sins but according to His loving kindness and tender mercies.
- Declare that as He has forgiven you, “you shall obey the voice of the Lord your God and observe His commandments and His statutes” Deuteronomy 27:10
- Thank God that you are reminded of the admonishing of Apostle Paul in Romans 12:1-2 ” I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of God that you present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
- Declare that you covenant all members of your body to the Lord as David did to his eyes that none of them shall lead you into sin
- Declare according to Romans 6:17-18 “But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.
7.Pray and declare the renewal of your commitment to be obedient to God’s commands. Declare what David the psalmist wrote in Psalm 40:6-8:- “sacrifice and offering you did not desire; my ears you have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering you did not require. Then I said “Behold I come. In the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do your will my God and your law is within my heart”
- Pray and renew your love and worship for God for these are the hall marks of commitment. “… You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind” Matthew 22:37.
- Renew your commitment to follow Jesus as He commanded in Matthew 4:19 “follow me and I will make you fishers of men”.
- Pray that your renewed commitment will be grounded in the knowledge of His saving power and divinity.
- Pray for Grace to enable you express your new commitment in high praise, adoration and absolute obedience to Him – Jesus Christ
- Declare your renewed commitment to the people’s of God as depicted by the disciples “And they continued steadfastly in the Apostle’s doctrine and fellowship in the breaking of break and in prayers.” Acts 2:42
- Pray for Grace to ensure that your renewed commitment is a true commitment which finds expression and love and obedience to Him. “If you love me, keep my commandments – John 14:15
Please visit the Team website: www.theteamgodsmandate.com regularly for more insightful divine prayer direction.
Send your personal requests to the Team Email and by His Grace the team will help seek the face of God for solution – Email info@theteamgodsmandate
TEAM GOD’S MANDATE – Changing Lives, Taking Territories, Transforming Nations with the prophetic message of Christ Crucified.